Close-up showing the fine workmanship of the bronze Sanctuary door ring on the door of the South Porch of Adel Church. It dates from the thirteenth century and is thought to have been made at York. The handle, incorporating a dog-like beast, is very similar to one seen at All Saints Church, Pavement, York. Adel Church is known to have had associations with Holy Trinity Priory of York, which in turn had connections with Marmountier to the South of Tours. It is thought that the skilled craftsman who made the ornamental door furniture ect. could have come from this region of France. The deal panelled door was replaced in 1879 and Architects, Adams and Kelly discovered a much older door concealed in the casing. This door had been turned around at some time as it bore marks in three places where the hinges had once been positioned. Old, rusty hinges were still in place.