View of Yates' Mill seen on a stormy night, with rainbows visible in the sky. Also known as Wellington Mill, it has been the site of a mill since at least 1830. William Edward Yates purchased the mill in 1882, having started his woollen manufacturers business in 1871 in Loisterdyke. After his death in 1896, he was succeded by his sons, firstly James Yates and then Charles Yates, and later by his grandsons W.E. Yates and A.Yates.