This Image shows The Terrace situated in an area between the High Street and River Wharfe. The building started life as a hotel between 1788 and 1790. Kelita Kitchen & Co were the builders and Kelita Kitchen's own house was built at right angles to the hotel. It was bought by Rev. John Peers in about 1797 and converted to a Seminary. Throughout the next century, and in the early twentieth century, other smaller were founded here. Some of these reverted back to private housing over the years.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.