A late nineteenth century view of the High Street. The shop front of Topham & Sons, Decorators, Gilders and Signwriters can be seen right. A sign for the Admiral Hawke Inn is suspended at first floor level in the background on the right side of the High Street. In 1897 the Landlord was William Park Hart. ( Kelly's Directory for the West Riding of Yorks.).