View of the Wesleyan Chapel in Spa Lane which overlooks the River Wharfe. It was designed by Messrs. Atkinson, Architects of York. It replaced the Methodist Chapel in Middle Lane which had become inadequate for the size of the congregation. The new Chapel was built by Bulmer of Boston Spa to hold 450 people and opened in 1847.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.