leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

Wesleyan Chapel from the River Wharfe


Wesleyan Chapel from the River Wharfe
Description:
1897. View of the Wesleyan Chapel in Spa Lane which overlooks the River Wharfe. It was designed by Messrs. Atkinson, Architects of York. It replaced the Methodist Chapel in Middle Lane which had become inadequate for the size of the congregation. The new Chapel was built by Bulmer of Boston Spa to hold 450 people and opened in 1847.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.