Interior view of the Church of St. Mary the Virgin situated in the High Street. it dates from 1812 although it has been much altered over the years. After reconstruction and additions between 1877 and 1882 it was able to accommodate a congregation of 600. The stained glass East window seen here was erected in 1884 in memory of Mr. L.W. Wickham by his 2,3000 workers at Low Moor Iron Works.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.