leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

High Street

High Street
1921. View of the High Street looking towards St. Mary's Church (centre). The name 'Chappell' is painted on a sign on the building on the left. This building with the arched windows had been Chappell's Chemist for many years. A 1920s vehicle with the top down is driving along the High Street.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.