The War Memorial erected on the High Street on a site between the Trustees Hall, left and the Congregational Church, right. It commemorates those who gave their lives in the Great War. The Trustees Hall, now the Village Hall, was built by Waddington & Carr of Boston Spa, and opened in 1909. The Congregational Church was built in 1875-6 at a cost of £3,000, and was Gothic in style with a slated spire of 90 feet.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.