leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

War Memorial, High Street


War Memorial, High Street
Description:
1921. The War Memorial erected on the High Street on a site between the Trustees Hall, left and the Congregational Church, right. It commemorates those who gave their lives in the Great War. The Trustees Hall, now the Village Hall, was built by Waddington & Carr of Boston Spa, and opened in 1909. The Congregational Church was built in 1875-6 at a cost of £3,000, and was Gothic in style with a slated spire of 90 feet.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.