leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

The Village showing the Smithy


The Village showing the Smithy
Description:
Undated. View of The Village, showing the old Smithy on the left, the chimney of which had been extended at one time to improve the draft. Around 1910, Bill Smith and his brother John were in partnership as wheelwrights. John constructed the wooden wheels and bowled the down the village street to the smithy where Bill fitted the metal rims. The Pax Public House can be seen in the distance, centre.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.