View of The Village showing the Pax Public House on the main street. The original Pax was a thatched inn 50 metres further south on the main street. It became delapidated and was demolished in 1883 and the new Pax was built. The original pub started life in the early nineteenth century as The Goats Head, by 1861 the name had changed to the Hatfield Arms and it became the Pax Inn by 1871.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.