View of the Catholic Church of St. Edward which opened on 24th May 1848. It is built in limestone and the impressive tower was finally completed on 15th June 1867 when the cross was placed on the top. The interior is Norman in style with a chancel, clerestoried nave and aisles. The church, dedicated to St. Edward, King and Confessor, cost £15,000 to build much of the cost being defayed by the Grimston family of the parish.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.