leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

St. Edward's Catholic Church


St. Edward
Description:
Undated. View of the Catholic Church of St. Edward which opened on 24th May 1848. It is built in limestone and the impressive tower was finally completed on 15th June 1867 when the cross was placed on the top. The interior is Norman in style with a chancel, clerestoried nave and aisles. The church, dedicated to St. Edward, King and Confessor, cost £15,000 to build much of the cost being defayed by the Grimston family of the parish.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.