View of Thorp Arch Mill on the River Wharfe. This stone built mill has a long history dating back centuries. A mill was mentioned on this site in the Domesday Survey, and a fulling mill and corn mill are recorded in 1301. The mill has been used by several industries over the years that have required water power, including paper manufacturing at the end of the eighteenth century. Local entrepeneur, Kelita Kitchen leased the mill in 1778 to make paper and also mill oil.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.