Thorp Arch Bridge spans the River Wharfe between Thorp Arch and Boston Spa and was built in 1772 with subscriptions provided by influential local people. Stone was supplied from quarries on both sides of the Wharfe by William Gossip, Lord of the Manor Thorp Arch and Sir Thomas Clifford, Lord of the manor Clifford. Battlements completed the bridge at a cost of £21.00.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.