leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

Thorp Arch Bridge


Thorp Arch Bridge
Description:
1908. Thorp Arch Bridge spans the River Wharfe between Thorp Arch and Boston Spa and was built in 1772 with subscriptions provided by influential local people. Stone was supplied from quarries on both sides of the Wharfe by William Gossip, Lord of the Manor Thorp Arch and Sir Thomas Clifford, Lord of the manor Clifford. Battlements completed the bridge at a cost of £21.00.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.