Image shows Hastings Court, named after Lady Elizabeth (Betty) Hastings the once Lady of the Manor. Born in 1682 she suceeded her brother George (8th Earl of Huntingdon) to lands and property. A generous and charitable woman she never married and died in 1739 making gifts to churches and institues. Hastings Court is a parade of shops housing, The Daisy Shop, The Delicatessen, Fenton's Chemist, J. Utley's and the house of Townend on the far right. On the far left is Leeds Road.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.