leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

St. Oswald's Church, Main Street


St. Oswald
Description:
Undated. Image shows a church constructed around the remnents of an Anglo-Saxon building. The North aisle was built in 1200 with additions occuring in the 13th & 14 centuries. The tower was added in the 15th Century. Restoration took place in 1840/41 and 1870 under the design of architect J.P. St. Aubyn. Frith/379/C.265/18

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.