leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

St. Giles Church, Church Hill


St. Giles Church, Church Hill
Description:
Undated. The site of St. Giles was donated by James Rhodes of Bramhope Hall. The building cost £2200 raised by donations from the villagers. Dedicated on 28th November 1881 with much of the stained glass inplace within five years of the dedication ceremony. Stained glass in churches was originally used to show Bible stories to the illiterate.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.