The site of St. Giles was donated by James Rhodes of Bramhope Hall. The building cost £2,200, raised by donations fromthe villages. Dedicated on 28th November 1881 with much of the stained glass in place within five years of the dedication ceremony. Stained glass in churches was originally used to show Bible stories to the illiterate.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.