When it was decided that the 1837 Methodist Chapel was too small the 1896 Church visible in the image was built. Incorporated was the foundation stone of the original Chapel in the east wall. The Church was nicknamed 'Cathedral of the Dales' due to its cruciform shape, stained glass windows, chancel and spire, visible from Huby and Cookridge.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.