In 1922 the Parish Council bought the field known as Crosbys, located at the corner of Old Lane and Sugar Lane. The money was raised by public subscription as a memorial to those who died in the First World War. In 1951 the ground was levelled creating a football pitch. Cricket has also been played here.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.