Bridge Road looking over the bridge towards Thorp Arch. Thorp Arch Bridge connects the two townships of Boston Spa and Thorp Arch and was completed in 1772. The local Hunt (Bramham Moor) had an interest in the building of a bridge here as the fords could be dangerous when the river was swollen. Various influential people subscribed substantial amounts of money. William Gossip of Thorp Arch and Sir Thomas Gascoigne, Lord of the Manor of Clifford supplied the stone from local quarries.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.