Image shows St. Mary's Church consecrated on the 14th November 1845. The building of the Church was mostly funded by the Gascoigne family. Three of the bells originally belonged to the Church previously existing on this site with a fourth added in 1919 by Mr. W.J. Kirk. Kirk also donated the 3 clock faces which were kept 5 minutes fast so he wouldn't miss his train. No clock face was used the Kippax facing side as no-one lived here.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.