Image shows the rear of Harewood House built by Edwin Lascelles, the first Lord Harewood, between 1759 & 1771. The architects were John Carr and Robert Adam who based the house on a Palladian design. A third storey was added in the 19th Century by architect Sir Charles Barry. In 1929 a restoration project began on the house. The terrace and garden in the foreground were added in 1841 also designed by Sir Charles Barry. The design of box scrolls and seasonal bedding creates a transition between house and park.
This image is C.1886.