View of Farnley Hall in Hall Lane which has it's origins in the 16th Century. Little remains of the Elizabethan building, constructed by Thomas Danby, as it was largely demolished in 1756. It was rebuilt, and then altered extensively in the early 19th Century by the Armitage family. The front portico supported by Tuscan Columns dates from this period.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.