This is an interior view of St. Alban's Church which once stood at the junction of County Street and Cutler Street. It was designed by architects, Messrs. Walford and Pollard of Bradford, and was built in a cruciform structure of brick in the Early English style. The Church was built at a cost of £5,100 and underwent improvements in 1905 at a cost of £300. St. Alban's was consecrated on 31st March 1876. The interior was designed to seat 500 and had a carved oak lecturn and an organ chamber on the north side, with an open screen. There are images on the Leodis website showing the exterior of St. Alban's in 1948. The photographs were probably taken shortly before demolition as the Church is in a very delapidated state. On an O.S. map for 1951 the site is shown as a vacant plot.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.