6th April 1907.
View of the ceremony to mark the laying of the foundation stone for the new Salvation Army Barracks in Ackroyd Street. This building was to replace the old barracks in Albion Street, where members and friends had gathered before marching to Ackroyd Street for the ceremony. The Mayor of Morley, Alderman Samuel Rhodes, is seen here at the start of the opening hymn.
Photograph by David Atkinson Archive.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.