Image shows three very old properties, numbered as, from left to right, 118 to 112 Bawn Lane. Bawn Lane is located off Stonebridge Lane. The centre building, which is just seen, is single storey and was constructed in 1797. It was the premises of Farnley School until the building of the National school in Cross Lane in 1846. The first Schoolmaster here was Jonathan Wright and in 1822 it was Jeremiah Pickersgill. After number 114 Bawn Lane ceased to run as a school it became a meeting place, then Farnley Rate Office. In later years it was used as a stable to house animals, by landlord and land owner of most of the land around these properties, Horace Worth (as listed at number 118 in a Directory for 1947.) As far back as 1913 an Alfred Worth, Market Gardener, is listed at number 112. Prior to the properties being demolished in the mid 1950s shire horses were stabled here.