View of the stone built St. Martin's Church from near Chapeltown Road. On the left is St. Martin's Church Institute in St. Martin's View. There is a glimpse of propeties in St. Martin's Avenue, right. The church dates from 1879-1881 and was designed by architects, Adams and Kelly of Leeds in the Decorated Style. It was built at a cost of £9,000. The west tower was never completed. Photograph courtesy of James W. Bell.