View of the first two blocks of The Parade, part of the former Saxton Gardens estate. Saxton Gardens was a series of tower blocks built in concrete in 1957 as council housing. They were standing vacant for years before being earmarked for re-development by Urban Splash. Architects Union North designed 410 new apartments and the exterior, seen in this image, was stripped back to the frame and completely re-clad. Part of the scheme includes a substantial green space for the use of residents.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.