Image shows the middle block of 'The Parade' in Saxton Gardens, as it undergoes refurbishment as part of a £30 million scheme. This is one of 7 concrete blocks ranging between 6 and 10 storeys built in 1957 for council tenants. Urban Splash, the developers behind the scheme, have refurbished the buildings and, working with architects, Union North, have created 410 studio, 1 bedroomed and 2 bedroomed flats in two of the towers. These will exist side by side with the re-furbished council owned buildings. This area, East Bank, has been in need of regeneration. It is situated not far from East Street and the waterfront. The development has been re-named 'Saxton'.