Image shows refurbishment underway of tower blocks, formerly known as Saxton Gardens. Here, The Parade is seen and The Drive, both stripped back to the framework. Developers, 'Urban Splash' are creating 410 apartments on the 5 acre site to designs by Architects, Union North. The development will include landscaped gardens, a wildflower meadow, an orchard and 27 allotments. The construction work is being carried out by Henry Boot Construction (U.K.) Ltd. The tower blocks date from 1957 and are ex-council, built in concrete. Before re-development they had been unoccupied for four years and were facing demolition. The new scheme is part of a regeneration of the area and is now know as 'Saxton'.