Image shows the Methodist Chapel as seen from Butterfield's Yard in Cross Hills. Butterfield's was a fish, fruit and vegetable shop at number 11 Cross Hills. The Chapel, which occupied the corner of Well Lane with Leeds Road, was opened in 1867. For a time the Sunday school room was used as a dinning hall for local school children. The chapel closed on 3rd June 1961 when a final service was held. It was demolished in 1969.