7th June 1901.
the photograph shows the porch at Adel Church also known as St. John the Baptist Church. It is believed that the Church was built between 1160 and 1170. There are six sculpted panels. At the top is the Agnus Dei, the symbol of John the Baptist, directly below is the sculpture of the Lord. The final four symbolise the four evangelists. The doorway was originally covered by a large porch which was removed around 1816 this has led to serious deteriation in the condition of the sculptures.