5th July 1906.
View of a signpost behind an old dry stone wall at the junction of King Lane (foreground) and Alwoodley Lane, pointing one way in the direction of Eccup and Arthington and the other, Chapeltown and Leeds. A milestone dated 1764 points the way to Leedes, 4 miles and Otley, 5 miles. The grade II listed milestone still exists (2017) though it has been resited slightly as the area has become built up, and is now reset into a patch of soil on the pavement outside no. 2 Alwoodley Lane.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.