10th August 1903.
This early twentieth century view of the Maypole was taken from close to the junction with Main Street and The Cross. The Black Swan Public House adjoins the cottages on the left at numbers 7 and 9. The Cross is visible at the rear of the Maypole and All Saints Church is in the background, right of centre. The old Cross can now be found in the Churchyard.