View of the High Street showing the Crown Hotel on the corner with Church Street, the largest building in the image. On the gable end there is a sign advertising 'Good Stabling', and another promoting John Smith's Ales. Kelly's Directory of West Riding of Yorks for 1897 lists the landlord as John William Allison.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.