The image shows the High Street looking from the direction of the Church of St. Mary the Virgin. The Royal Hotel can be seen right of centre. It was built by Joseph Taite in 1753 but was enlarged between 1870 and 1880. It was a reputable Coaching House originally called Farriers Hotel then Dalbys. Bramham Moor Hunt held Hunt Balls at the Royal Hotel and an orchestra was engaged specially for the occasion.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.