leodis logo

Leeds City Council

Open archives compliant site

Supported by BIG Lottery Fund

Enrich UK Lottery Fund

Holgate Lane


Holgate Lane
Description:
1893. View of a woman in Victoria dress and bonnet walking along Holgate Lane which runs from the Church of St. Mary the Virgin towards the River Wharfe. The Lane is flanked by steep banks and woods. It was once known as 'Ancient Hollow Road', then 'Old Gate' before finally becoming Holgate.

User Comments:
This photograph cannot be purchased due to copyright restrictions.