View of Kippax Branch Library at number 13 Cross Hills. Cross Hills is to the left and the junction with Westfield Lane to the right. The library was opened on 15th November 1973 by County Alderman T.Batty and was designed by the Departmental Staff of the County Architect, K.C. Evans, DipArch, ARIBA, in consultation with the County Librarian, W.J. Murison, FLA, FLAI. The building work was contracted to Messrs. R.W. Chapman Limited of Leeds. The former library had been in converted shop premises since 1948 at number 13 Cross Hills but the new building was to provide 3,000 square feet of space on three levels. The designed makes use of natural light due to large windows. Florescent lighting is also provided. In the background, Smith's Chemist can be seen at number 10 Cross Hills.