Aerial view of Woodhouse Moor, an area of common land acquired by Leeds Corporation for the sum of £3,000 in 1855. Woodhouse Ridge was purchased in 1877. Coming in from the top left edge is Hyde Park Road where it meets Hyde Park Corner and the junction with Woodhouse Lane. Woodhouse Lane runs across to the right edge. On Woodhouse Lane, Woodhouse feast is in view. Snaking down the right edge is Clarendon Road which used to be Reservoir Street due to the reservoir belonging to Leeds Corporation Waterworks which still runs alongside it. (The reservoir was built in 1837 and was bought by the Corporation in 1852, and after several tragedies it was covered, and simultaneously enlarged, in 1865. In 1990 it was reduced in size, with the end near the junction with Woodhouse Lane, immediately behind the library, being sold for development - information supplied by Merrick). Paths radiate from the circular centre of the moor and the bowling greens and tennis courts can be seen. At the end of the path running to the right edge the memorial to Queen Victoria is visible. Moorland Road cuts across towards the bottom joining Clarendon Road. Leeds Grammar School is at the bottom edge. The photograph is thought to have been taken around Easter Time when the fair is in situ on the moor.