C mid 1930s.
Aerial view of Golden Acre Park, taken in the mid 1930s shortly after it opened in March 1932. The boating lake is busy with many boats. A miniature railway runs around the edge of the lake and the Galleon Cafe can be seen. The Leeds - Otley Road heads from the direction of Otley, bottom left, towards Leeds. Towards the centre of the left edge there is Black Hill Well Farm, and beyond the trees belong to the Black Hill Plantation. Leeds City Council bought the site of Golden Acre Park in 1945.