View of the newly, built Kippax Branch Library which opened on 15th November 1973 in Cross Hills. The purpose built library is on three levels with the main adult library seen here at ground floor level. Non-fiction books are shelved around the walls and novels occupy free standing bookshelves in the centre. The floor area is fully carpeted and a hard wood staircase leads up to the higher level where Reference works can be accessed. The children's library and staff facilities are at the lower level. Kippax library had previously been housed in converted shop premises since 1948.