Image shows the intricate carving of the fifteen century alabaster tomb of Lionel, Lord Welles and his wife Cecilia, heiress of Robert Waterton. The tomb is located against the South wall of Waterton Chapel in Methley Church, the Church of St. Oswald. Lord Welles is clad in armour having met his death at the Battle of Towton, known as 'Palmesundayfield' on 29th March in 1461. Cecilia wears a mantle and fifteenth century headdress. Angels are depicted bearing armoural shields of Wells, Waterton and others. On the left, the lion can be seen at the feet of the recumbent Lionel Lord Wells. St. Oswald's Church is mentioned in the Domesday survey of 1086 and has Saxon origins. It is named after Oswald King of Northumbria who was killed in Battle with Penda King of Mercia in AD 642.