Interior view of Methley Church, Church of St. Oswald looking towards the east window. The present East window with five lights dates from 1926. The nave measures almost 57 feet (approx. 17 metres) and there is an aisle of three bays of about 13 feet (nearly 4 metres) wide, with pointed arches supported on low octagonal piers, right. The Church was reseated in 1624 but the benches seen here, with poppy head ends, were installed around 1900. Other alterations were undertaken at this time as a result of faculty granted to the Rector and churchwardens dated 15th June 1899.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.