View of St. Mary's Church and school with St. Mary's Street running between the two buildings. A parliamentary grant of £12,520 was awarded under the Million Act for the building of this Church in 1823. It appears to be in a semi-derelict state with some broken windows. It was scheduled for demolition in 1976 and the west tower was demolished in 1979.
Photograph courtesy of Terry Cryer.
Corrections:Corrections are welcomed by the department. Corrections will be verified before appearing on the site - this may take up to 4 weeks.