View from Micklefield Lane into the premises of the former Little London School, built here in 1846. A sign above the stone wall advertises D.A. Coulson (properties) Ltd. of Yeadon, a building contractor working on the conversions of the old school buildings to private dwellings. They were to be called 'Micklefield Mews'. The school was founded on the Quaker 'Lancasterian' principles where older pupils were appointed as monitors to teach the younger children. After this the buildings became a Baptist Sunday School and the housed the Mechanics Institute. A 1908 directory lists the premises as a school once more and it continued as such until closure in 1960. The playground is visible through the gates and there were once two classrooms and outside toilets.