View of Micklefield Lane in the Conservation locality of Little London, looking towards the junction of Apperley Lane. In the centre the long stone building with gable end facing the road was part of the former Little London School dating from 1846. The entrance is through the gates flanked by stone gateposts. The buildings surround a courtyard are which used to be a playground. The school closed in 1960 and in this image work was in progress to convert the buildings to dwellings which became known as Micklefield Mews. To the right of the school part of number 14 Micklefiled Lane. Number 13 is to the left of the school and numbers continue to descend in an odds sequence towards the junction with Apperley Lane. In the background at the extreme right edge a cottage in Lombard Street can be glimpsed.